Colour my Heart Colour my Heart

Wow.

And then sometimes, just sometimes, you'll stumble apon something on NewGrounds that makes you say, 'Wow'. These aren't the movies or games that are perfect and polished down to the last pixel. These aren't the movies or games that you go back to experience it day after day. These... are the movies and games that just blow your mind away.

You've done an outstanding job telling a story and expressing an emotion here. These are the pieces that I just loathe. The sound are always key in these pieces, and you've found one that compliments it so beautifully. I attempted to make one of these 'pieces' myself >.< It was alright. Someday I'll make a game like this where you can just let release your creativity and design a beautiful world such as this. You've inspired me...thanks. Your only point lost is in the flawed coding, as at times, it did take away from the experience. Beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing it.

Infinite Chamber Infinite Chamber

Fun with Flaws.

This game is challenging, which to me, is why it's fun. However, it's challenging for the wrong reasons. Your wonky control scheme is what makes this game hard, not the increasing difficulty in platforming! This random levels were neat. Fix that control scheme and you might be looking at a solid piece.

Scriball Scriball

Nicely done

A simple concept that walks the fine line of fun and frustrating. Found that I kept coming back to it. Different levels as per difficulty levels would have been nice. Great job!

By the way, what's the second rule of this elusive club? ;)

Splitter Splitter

Wow

You sir have designed a quite impressing engine here. This is fantastic. I suggest you improve it a bit and attempt to port it to the indie Wii game store.

Power Tank Power Tank

Tutorial

I was reading some of the comments made, and based off the experience I had with the game, I'd like to point out the need for a short, very brief tutorial. When I first started playing, I thought the only way you could move was shooting and utilizing that small recoil. Boy did I ever feel stupid when I finally tried the WASD keys. Sure makes the game easier though. Apparently others didn't know about the upgrade menu? I'm merely suggesting a short 10-15 second tutorial that explains the control layout, because even though you have an instructions button, most users want fast, fun enjoyment!

By the way, the game was fun :) Congratulations.

kchamp responds:

Good idea. Ill see what I can do

A Crow in Hell A Crow in Hell

Wow!

This is easily in the top 10 for the most beautiful games I've ever seen on NewGrounds. This game is incredibly compelling and kept me playing 'till the end. It was challenging at some parts, but that's half the fun of this genre of game. You guys did an outstanding job on this game! Perfect Score.

Ninja Glove Ninja Glove

Grr

I hate games like this. Because I spend so much time trying to get a good high score. Best I could manage was 709 -- Top 30. That's odd that others found the Ninja Dress-Up "impossible". I'd say the hardest one was 'Catch the Fly!' Your game is very consistent. Good job!

square team.v1 square team.v1

Neat

It's a nice concept, but it has it's faults.

#1 - The gameplay is much to slow for a puzzle style genre. Maybe if you lessened the frames of animation for reach block to move?
#2 - The gameplay shouldn't stop when levers are being manipulated. Making the player stop and wait for something is a big no-no!

Other than that, it was fairly innovative. I liked it. Nice job!

BubbleGirl BubbleGirl

Improvement

Sound Effects -- No one likes to hear a terrible sound over and over and over. One rule when it comes to audio in game creation is that when you have a sound being played over and over, it better not get annoying to hear.

Rockstar Hero DEMO Rockstar Hero DEMO

Two Reasons

Okay bud. There's two really obvious, and really bad things that are hurting you here.

#1: Your frame rate -- It's horrid! Is it at 12? Seriously consider ramping it up to AT LEAST 24.

#2: "OUCH!" -- No one likes to hear a terrible (and loud) song when they mess up. If you notice in those games that have been published, the sound isn't too noticeable, and it certainly doesn't stand out. One rule when it comes to audio in game creation is that when you have a sound being played over and over, it better not get annoying to hear.