School 13 - Street Magic School 13 - Street Magic

Awesome

I love your art style. You earned a favourite in my books after your Halloween special. Are you using the line/pen tool, or is it all tablet? Your animations are quite smooth. I just wish there was an option to hear an English version instead of reading subtitles. Have you ever considered hiring a volunteer voice actor, and giving the user the option at the beginning of the movie?

Beowulf: Flash Edition Beowulf: Flash Edition

Gah!

I have a huge pet peeve with a lot of submissions I see. What is the point of placing subtitles on the screen when they are only there for a mere half a second. Keep in mind, once you read something, you know what it is, and take substantially less time reading it the second time through. You need to allow ample time for people to read text, if you're going to put it up!

AlexNewProductions responds:

so you're giving me a five for this?
it was supposed to be a joke, if you understand spanish he just said, i'm very thirsty, more mountain dew, then he said rosa, go.

i put really long subtitles that were just excessive

Firework Stimulation Firework Stimulation

Beautiful

Very nice! I tried making fireworks once with frame by frame animation. Not so much, lol. I assume you used code here? It looks great, good job!

Grandvision responds:

Nope, I just animated them :D

Flash 2-The Game Flash 2-The Game

Potential

Even though this is a fairly basic animation, I can see you have some real good potential in Frame by Frame Animation. Good luck, and keep at it!

Cheese & Mouse Cheese & Mouse

Interesting

It was alright. I can't really comment much on it other than that (as there's not really much to comment about). However, if you didn't intend for the cheese to stand out more than everything else, you might want to consider going with a consistent art style throughout your animation. I noticed that the Background/Desk/Mouse were all photos that were altered in Photoshop? Yet, the cheese was just drawn out.

As for the sounds, the best way to control audio within flash, and to have the most control, is to use Actionscript. I'll give you a small example:

CheeseSound = new Sound(this);
CheeseSound.attachSound("<insert linkage name of audio here>");
//This starts the sound at (Where in the audio clip it starts playing, Number of times it loops)
CheeseSound.start(0,1);

And I do believe the syntax to stop a sound is CheeseSound.stop; However, I'm not 100% positive on this. Anyways, that should work well for yeah! Good Luck.

OWRBtheo responds:

Yeah, thanks I see your point with the painting style, but I made this a year ago before i got my graphics tablet and was new to flash, so future animations will be far more interesting.

As for the sound, I've fixed it now, so that the animation is in sync with the music.

Breath Me Remake Breath Me Remake

Unique

This is truly impressive. The animations weren't as good as the artwork, but don't get me wrong, nothing was bad. Your work really reminds me of 'Guillermo del Toro', the director of Pan's Labyrinth. It's very creative, yet has the unique aspect to it, where you almost ask "What the fuck?", yet you refrain because it's just truly beautiful. This is quite an outstanding piece, and a rarity on NewGrounds. You're a lot like me where as when you create something, you really want to get across a point of view, or idea. I look forward to seeing your future work.

cheshirecat1582 responds:

Wow what a complement!!! Guillermo del Toro? That was what I was kinda going for... That and a little bit like the Quay Brothers... If you havn't seen them... You should!!! Im telling you... There work is amazing... All though... Sometimes Its hard to understand there storys... lol Which Is kinda my problem as well... But thank you for your review... I really appreciated it!!!!

It's My Birthday! It's My Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Ahh another Cancer. Happy Birthday! It was mine three days ago :D For your birthday, I give you... a mediocre seven stars out of a possible ten.

-Stick-Fight- -Stick-Fight-

Quick Tip

Here's a quick tip that will really help to make your animations flow better. When displaying text, make sure you give more than enough time for the viewer to read it. I noticed in the beginning there were these spurts of text popping up, but there was no chance at being able to read it. However, you did improve this towards the end. Allowing enough time for the average reader to read the text you display is often overlooked!

The animation wasn't bad for a first crack at Flash. However, I'll vote according to the average animation on NewGrounds. Good luck, and keep at it!

Speed Cam Practice Speed Cam Practice

Woah

Your style of animation with those brush strokes is flippin' awesome!

Hitorio responds:

I didn't use brush, just pencil.

PARTY TIME! PARTY TIME!

Interesting

Take no offense to this, but did that really take six weeks? From what I see it's no more than 7 simple motion tweens, while altering the number of rotations per tween. It's rather simple, but interesting.